Monday, February 15, 2010

The Snow of 2010

New Yorkers got pounded with snow in January and February. Two of the bigger storms hit on January 2 and February 10. Generally I'm not a big fan of snow, but this year it was especially pretty because there was very little wind. The snow could cling to the branches of the trees, and my everyday world took on a bit of magic.

Here are the best of my winter snow pictures. Most are from Stuyvesant Town, the Manhattan apartment complex where I live. Others are from Times Square where I work.


The Stuyvesant Town Christmas tree looked quite elegant in the snow!


A completely different type of evergreen, I can't decide if this tree looks ballerina-like and comical, or menacing and ghoulish.


Back view of the playground outside the building where I live.
It's closed today, kids.


Front view of the same playground. Note the time on the clock over the center structure. It's 10:30 AM and I'm clearly late for work.


A cluster of snow-lined trees.


The red bark on this tree contrasts nicely with the snow.


The cab adds a splash of color.


Times Square, looking north on Seventh Avenue. Here, the snow melts quickly from the traffic and the heat of the subway under the street. My camera wasn't able to show how hard it was snowing, but that's why the cars and buses all have their headlights on at 11:20 AM when this picture was taken.


From the 15th floor of the office building where I work, we can see the snow gracing Madame Toussaud's hand atop her wax museum located on 42nd Street.


6:43 PM and it's still snowing in Times Square.
Yes, friends, I went to work in a blizzard. Sad...


© 2010, Linda Mason Hood
Truffles, Turtles & Tunes Copyright Statement

No comments: